Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Day 8

Started the day off will my normal 1st meal except I had Ortega sauce instead of pico de gallo. Meal 2 I just had a pb&j and for meal 3 I had a peanut butter and banana sandwich on whole wheat bread. For my post workout nourishment I had a banana and lots of water!!! Total caloric intake was 1445 and my workout burned 541 calories leaving me with a daily deficit of 529!!!!! Not bad eh?

The workout today was a beast, day 3....definitely a killer, but I feel stronger every day. One section of my june on fire workout day scared me when I heard it, the lovely 100 burpee burnout challenge. It was hella hard...I literally almost threw up. This 15minute purgatory was 10 sets of 10 different types of burpees. Harsh right? But in the end I actually ended up doing about 70 of them. I'm proud of myself for doing that many considering at the beginning of the week I could barely do 2 let alone a full set of 10 or 70 for that matter. My burpee goal going in was 50 so I exceeded my expectation 20 fold (ah, get it?). Next week when we have to do it again I'm aiming to do 80-90 of them.  Today was a real trophie for me since I saw the progress first hand in my workout, I could do more reps without falling out or I was able to fight to get back in if I did. I still have a long ways to go but I'm definitely a lot closer now than I was when I started.

I wasn't originally going to work out today but for some reason it felt weird for me not to. I was actually excited about getting home and working out. I didn't want to miss it for some reason. Maybe I'm started to enjoy the adrenaline rush it gives me or maybe it's the feeling of accomplishment and triumph when I'm done. Whichever it is, I can't wait to do it again tomorrow. My goal for tomorrow is to actually eat my four meals so I don't accidentally starve my body of precious calories it needs to power my demanding workouts. Wish me luck!!

Everybody has to start sometime somewhere in order to get where you long to go

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought?