Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Day 14

Sorry this is so late getting up but hey, life get's happens right? Plus just to mess with you guys I'm going to write this as if I wrote it yesterday!!!


Today for breakfast I had 3 scrambled egg whites with pico de gallo on 2 wheat tortillas and a grapefruit (355 calories). Then a few hours later I snacked on 3 large carrots (in carrot stick form of course).  For meal 2 I had a peanut butter and apple jelly sandwich on whole wheat bread (250 calories). Then for meal 3 I had a chicken quarter and for a snack after that about 4oz of greek yogurt (70 calories).  Meal 4 I had kind of early considering it was my last meal but anyways I had a turkey burger on a whole wheat hamburger bun with balsamic vinaigrette dressing and bbq sauce on top and a side of sweet potato fries (594 calories). My daily caloric intake was 1509 calories but after working out my total was 1209 calories for the day (left over balance of 5040 calories).

I swear I feel like I'm eating so much but the calories still are short. I think I'm going to have to modify my diet a bit. Obviously it's better that I haven't gone wayyy over my budget but I am concerned with inevitably slowing down my metabolism. Although for the record, today it was burning through all my food lightening fast, literally every 2-3 hours I was hungry. Even before I worked out I was hungry but by the time I finished and took a shower I wasn't anymore.

Now for the workout!!! It was another tiring day today, I attempted to take a nap before my workout but that plan was foiled as I had to go to the store to buy some more healthy food (nothing bad about that right?). I even managed to get a new water bottle see!!!


Anyways once I got back from grocery shopping I dove right in to my workout. Today's target was muffin top and I definitely needed that. Let me tell you though, I thought it was going to be easy, since it was just toning abs and lower back but boy I was wrong. I was dripping sweat just like any other workout day. MADNESS I TELL YOU MADNESS. But as always it was worth it. I got through more reps of the exercises I had done before so that's progress in my book.


I do have to admit, I was a little discouraged today that my appearance is still the same but I reminded myself that internally I feel healthier so with time that same healthiness will show on the outside. I'm doing this the right way so excess weight won't drop quickly but hopefully when it comes off it will stay off.  Back on track though tomorrow is the 100 burpee challenge so my goal is to do 80 of them (10 more than last week). June on fire is going to own me but at the end of the month I will own it as I would have done every challenge. Wish me luck.


not so sweaty workout pic because I cooled off before I remembered to take it



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought?