Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Current Meal Plan

For my meals I loosely follow Kelsey Byers' Body Transformation: A Model Transformation meal plan. Eventually when I get around to buying the supplements I will start taking them as well.

Meal 1:
2 whole wheat tortillas

2-4 scrambled eggs (use non stick spray not butter or margarine)

2-4tbs of pico de gallo (just tomatoes, red or white onions, cilantro, pepper, and a few squeezes of lime juice)

1 half of a grapefruit (you can really have any fruit but grapefruit has so many good things and it's great for waking up since I don't drink coffee or anything)

Preparation: I usually make a simple breakfast burrito by putting the scrambled eggs and pico de gallo on the wheat tortillas and just eat the grapefruit on the side. I only add pepper and sometimes cayenne pepper to the scrambled eggs. Absolutely no salt, you in no way shape or form need more sodium than what you get from the natural foods. Sometimes if I grow tired of burritos I simply make an omelet with eggs, pepper, the pico, and some hot sauce or something. Every once in a while you can add cheese but try to stay away from the processed kind (i.e. packaged, get deli cheese instead)


Meal 2:
1 unseasoned turkey burger patty


a few Ice burg lettuce leaves


1/4 cup of chopped tomatoes 



Balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing


1 small/medium sweet potato


Preparation: I broil the turkey burger in a skillet with water until it's cooked (I usually add mesquite or bbq seasoning). When it's done I lay it on a lettuce leaf, add the tomatoes, and drizzle it with the balsamic vinaigrette dressing. As far as the sweet potato I personally make fries out of them (healthy fries that is). I peel them, cut them into even french fries, and wash them to start. Once done with that sometimes I'll add 1tbs of olive oil (but I've started not to but not adding the oil does mean you have to watch them a little closer). I then season them with cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and paprika (go light on the spicier spices or you'll burn your tongue!!!) and lay them out on a cookie sheet. You cook them for 15 minutes on 350 degrees then flip them over and do another 10-15 mins (without the oil its usually 10mins per side). When they're done they'll be a little brown along the edges/tips and that's it. Try not to use sauces but they're usually so good you won't feel the need to have them. The good thing though is that if you're having a sweet tooth instead of eating sweets just add 1-2tbs to sugar and you've got a sweet healthy treat.

Meal 3: Pick 2 (one a and one b) 
(a)Pb&J sandwich on wheat bread

(a)4 hard boiled eggs (deviled or straight up)


(b)1 Banana 
(b)1 Banana smoothie (1 banana, 2-3tbs of greek yogurt, 1 handful of ice, 1/4 cup of water)

Preparation: Everything is pretty self explainable. With the deviled eggs I only add 3-4 tbs of mustard, 1/2tsp of pepper, 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper, 1/2tsp of paprika) and the smoothie I make as mentioned above.

Meal 4
Skinless Chicken breast/quarter


Green beans/Mixed Vegetables

Preparation: I usually pick a Saturday or Sunday to prep my whole bag of chicken. First I wash the chicken, then I skin and clean it. After one more good rinse I add italian seasoning, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, and meat seasoning. Then I bag them and freeze them till I'm ready to eat them (this way they're always readily available and they have time to marinate so each piece is tastey). As far as the vegetables I eat them straight up (I buy the frozen ones and just boil them).

Snacks
If I get hungry between meals I'll snack on carrot sticks (I cut them myself), another banana, or half a grapefruit. 

*Meals 2-4 vary every day so they are listed in no particular order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought?